Saturday, August 6, 2011

Garlic and Oregano Marinade for Chicken

     This is the recipe from my BBQ oh so long ago. I finally got it typed up. A delicious marinade that makes use of the fresh oregano I have growing in the garden.

Garlic and Oregano Marinade for Chicken
Ingredients
¼ cup olive oil
½ cup garlic, chopped or minced
½ cup fresh oregano, chopped
1 tablespoon red wine or balsamic vinegar
Juice of a lime*
Juice of an orange*
1 tablespoon honey or to taste
1 teaspoon chili powder – adjust to taste or use your favourite hot spice
* To maximize the citrus taste you can add ½ teaspoon of zest from one or both
Directions
In a large mixing bowl combine and whisk all ingredients until well mixed.
Coat chicken and let sit at least 8 hours or overnight, refrigerated.
Turn chicken pieces occasionally to maximize marinating.

     I used this on chicken I had cubed to put on skewers but would work equally well for whole pieces.

Happy grilling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment, I hope you enjoyed your time in the "Kitchen".