Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween

     I love Halloween. As a kid, it was scary movies, costumes, candy and home made treats. As an adult, it's still scary movies, even better costumes, parties and home made treats. Unfortunately this year, I'm sick, a "man cold". You all know what that means.

     No handing out candy, no seeing all the little kids dressed up, no pumpkin carving (or pumpkin cookies tomorrow, that's what happens to poor ole' Jack after the big day). No host of little meringue ghosts, no chocolate mice with licorice tails and almond ears, no army of undead mummy cupcakes with marshmallow frosting, no leering Jack o' lantern whoopie pies covering the counters of the "Kitchen". I've been robbed, by a cold. Damn.

    Instead here I sit. Now that I think of it, I'm moaning and shivering and do really kind of look like the undead, all with no extra effort on my part LOL. On the upside, Ferd is upstairs handing out candy and taking pictures of the kids who drop by so all is not lost. There is always next year. Sigh.

Scary glowing eyed cattle
This was actually supposed to be a cute adorable pic of a newborn calf
Oh well

     Have a "spooktacular" night.

3 comments:

  1. Aw, that's a bummer! If it's any consolation, I'm not celebrating Halloween either this year ;), and I am also having a dreadful cold; not a manly one though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about your "man cold"....you should post the video, it's so hilarious!! LOL

    I am swimming in treats around here. wondering if its best to just gorge over the next 4 days and get 'er done.....or actually *gasp* store/throw some out? Seriously, I have about 45 little bags of chips.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry to hear you're suffering too. Feeling under the weather is no fun at any time of the year.

    Rory, throw them out??? Are you mad?? LOL

    I'm sure you both know the "man cold " is far more serious than just the regular one LOL
    I love that Nyquil comercial, but I can phone my Mom myself ROFL

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment, I hope you enjoyed your time in the "Kitchen".